Your Snapchat Username is what people use to look you up on Snapchat. When you sign-up for Snapchat, you create this name and at this time it cannot be changed again in the Snapchat app. Your Snapchat Name is the display name which shows up in other users Snapchats you send and on your stories. This can be change in the Snapchap app.
Alternatively, you can create a new Snapchat username. You do not need to associate a phone number when you create a new Snapchat username.
1. In Snapchat, open settings and select Log Out at the bottom.
2. Next, select Sign-Up.
3. Type in a First Name and Last Name then click Sign Up & Accept.
4. Type in a birthday. Click continue.
5. Pick a new username. Click continue.
6. Set a password. Click continue.
7. Type in an email to associate your new Snapchat account with. Snapchat will be sending a verification email to confirm the account. Click continue.
8. Snapchat will ask for a mobile number. You don’t have to add one here – you can click Skip in the top right corner.
9. Finally, prove you are not a robot.
Your Snapchat registration will be complete and you will have a new username. Remember to click the registration email sent from Snapchat to verify your new account.